What is the current corporate tax regime for companies in Jersey?
A Jersey tax-resident company is subject to 0% of the standard rate of corporate income tax on its worldwide income with an exception for the following cases:
- Financial services companies are taxed at 10%
- Utility companies taxed at 20%
- Company income derived from property rental or development in Jersey taxed at 20%
- Large corporate retailers with turnover exceeding 2mil GBP and net taxable income over 500,000 GBP subject to the varied rate of up to 20%.
A non-resident company which satisfies the following conditions is only liable to corporate taxation for the portion of income-generating from Jersey:
- It is managed and controlled outside of Jersey
- It is a tax resident in other jurisdictions
- The highest tax rate levied on any part of its income is at the minimum of 10%