Ecommerce is rapidly and consistently booming in Hong Kong thanks to its well-developed digital infrastructure and high-demand tech-savvy consumers. If you are planning to build your business in Hong Kong, eCommerce is a worthwhile industry to start with.
Choosing the right financial solution is crucial in helping your eCommerce business in Hong Kong take off. There are various options from traditional banks to emerging fintech solutions. Let’s dive into some of the optimal financial service options you should opt for.
1. Leading banks for eCommerce businesses in Hong Kong
To begin with, these are some of the most ideal traditional banks in Hong Kong to go for when starting an eCommerce business.
HSBC is among the largest international banks in the world that offers exceptional business banking services. If you choose HSBC for your eCommerce startup, go for the HSBC Sprint Account.
HSBC Sprint Account is an integrated bank account specially designed for startups. Specifically, the benefits of opening an HSBC Sprint Account could be what you are looking for.
- No monthly services fee for the first 12 months
- You can open an account completely online and enjoy HK$495 saving on the account application fee until 31 December 2021
- Manage your business operation with free access to HSBC Smart Solution digital platform
- Get free HSBC VisionGo Business Membership to connect with SMEs around the world
Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng Bank is one of Hong Kong’s leading commercial banks in terms of market capitalization. It offers a wide range of services including online banking, investment support, credit cards, mortgages, and MPF.
In particular, below are the advantages of opening the Integrated Business Solutions Account of Hang Seng Bank:
- No annual fee for the first two years
- Exclusive access to other banking products and services
- Up to HK$10,000 of temporary overdraft to prevent autopay failure or returned cheques
- Automatic fund transfer from your savings accounts to cover exceeded credit limit or overdrawn amount
Tips It is optimal to open business bank accounts at more than one bank for your eCommerce company. You can enjoy various benefits from each bank at once. Also, it would be more convenient for your customers when transferring money to purchase your products online when you use multiple banks.
It is optimal to open business bank accounts at more than one bank for your eCommerce company. You can enjoy various benefits from each bank at once. Also, it would be more convenient for your customers when transferring money to purchase your products online when you use multiple banks.
The majority of SMEs including eCommerce businesses in Hong Kong go for DBS Bank when operating businesses. The seventh biggest bank in Hong Kong provides high-quality and convenient services to startups and SMEs.
Here are the benefits of opening a DBS Business Digital Account with BBCIncorp:
- Online bank account opening services for BBCIncorp’s customers
- All required documents for the bank account opening do not need to be certified
- No minimum balance or fall-below fees
- Access to IDEAL which is DBS online banking platform specially designed for startups and SMEs
- Make unlimited transactions daily
The Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, or OCBC Bank, is the second-biggest bank in South East Asia in total assets. Global Finance Magazine consistently ranks OCBC Bank among the safest banks in the world. No wonder why it is one of the most highly-rated banks globally.
OCBC Business Account is a high-quality business bank account for eCommerce businesses. Its main features and benefits include:
- Completely open your business bank account online
- No initial deposit, minimal balance, and fall below fees
- Free access to the OCBC OneCollect app, a digital merchant solution to help you collect payment from customers conveniently
- Access to free business support tools on the OCBC Velocity Digital Business Banking platform such as business cash flow management tool or e-Invoicing tool to create e-invoices
Currently, BBCIncorp is collaborating with DBS Bank and OCBC Bank to help our clients open their corporate bank accounts conveniently. Talk to our consultants now or email us at email@example.com to get practical advice for your specific case. Don’t miss out on exclusive offers!
Currently, BBCIncorp is collaborating with DBS Bank and OCBC Bank to help our clients open their corporate bank accounts conveniently.
Talk to our consultants now or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get practical advice for your specific case. Don’t miss out on exclusive offers!
2. Alternatives to traditional banks and the fintech boom
If you want to avoid the hassle of opening a traditional business bank account, fintech companies are effective alternatives for your eCommerce company.
Fintech companies provide similar financial services to traditional banks and payment-related functions such as e-wallets, payments cards, or IBAN accounts. In general, the services from fintech firms are cost-effective, convenient, and secure to use.
BBCIncorp typically will recommend our clients with Hong Kong eCommerce business to go for options bar excellence as below:
Neat is a dynamic fintech company that focuses on providing high-quality financial services for startups and SMEs.
A Neat business account is a worth-considering alternative option to a bank account in Hong Kong. Below are reasons why you should consider Neat for your eCommerce startup:
- Create a multi-currency e-wallet online with ease
- No initial deposit, maintenance fee, minimum spends, or hidden charges
- Fast and cost-effective transfers to local and international banks
- Easy integration with global platforms like Amazon, Shopify, Paypal, and Stripe
- Supervise effectively all employee expenses in real-time from your Neat Dashboard
- Control your business cash flow by setting monthly limits to reduce the risk of unexpected expenses
- Integrate with Xero to make bookkeeping a breeze
Airwallex offers a streamlined solution for your eCommerce business finances. Many eCommerce rising stars are using Airwallex business accounts such as Brosa, Ettitude, Deliciou, and more.
Airwallex business account comes with the following benefits for your Hong Kong business:
- No setup and monthly account fees
- Simple and fast account opening
- Hold balances in more than 11 currencies with Airwallex multi-currency wallet
- Collect funds from major eCommerce platforms such as eBay, Shopify, Klarna, and more
- Switch between multiple Airwallex accounts easily with a single sign-in, which is convenient in case you manage more than one eCommerce business
- Integrate with Xero to reconcile your transactions and receive in-depth financial reporting
3. Have you found the right option for your business?
Each option will bring you different perks. You should always go for the one that best suits your needs and business operation.
Finding the right business account for your business may take some time. Above are just some recommended financial service options for you to consider for your eCommerce business in Hong Kong. If you need further discussion with our friendly and dedicated local professionals on how our top-listed partnership network can help, please know that BBCIncorp would be available to assist you.