Due to the current situation of Covid-19, both ACRA and IRAS have greatly assisted companies in Singapore to overcome this rough period of time by extending some of the annual requirements and filing.
1. Deadline Extension from ACRA
The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) has extended the deadline for Holding Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Filing Annual Return (AR) with no application needed. This applies to all listed and non-listed companies in Singapore. Particularly:
- Companies whose AGMs due during the period between 16 April 2020 and 31 July 2020 will be granted an extension of 60 days.
- Companies that have previously been granted an extension of time to hold AGMs during the same period from 16 April 2020 to 31 July 2020 will also be given another extension of 60 days from the last date of extension.
- The AR filing due dates falling from 1 May to 31 August 2020 will be expanded for 60-day period.
- Companies that have the due date of AMGs from 1 April 2020 to 15 April 2020 and hold the AGM within 60 days of the due date will not be imposed any penalties. Their AR filing due dates will also be extended for 60 days.
The new due dates are described in the table below:
|Original / Previously Extended Due Date for AGM||New AGM Due Date||New AR Due Date|
|16 Apr 2020 to 30 Apr 2020||15 Jun 2020 to 29 Jun 2020||15 Jul 2020 to 30 Jul 2020|
|1 May 2020 to 31 May 2020||30 Jun 2020 to 30 Jul 2020||31 Jul 2020 to 29 Aug 2020|
|1 Jun 2020 to 30 Jun 2020||31 Jul 2020 to 29 Aug 2020||30 Aug 2020 to 29 Sep 2020|
|1 Jul 2020 to 31 Jul 2020||30 Aug 2020 to 29 Sep 2020||30 Sept 2020 to 30 Oct 2020|
For companies whose due dates of AGMs are after July 2020, ACRA will announce later whether it is necessary for an extension of time.2. Deadline Extension from IRAS
New Automatic Deadline Extension
The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) has also announced the new deadlines for some specific tax types:
|Tax Type||Original Filing Deadline||Extended New Deadline|
|Individual Income Tax (including sole proprietors and partnerships)||18 Apr 2020||31 May 2020|
|Income Tax for Trusts, Clubs and Associations||15 Apr 2020||31 May 2020|
|Estimated Chargeable Income for companies with FY ending Jan 2020||30 Apr 2020||31 May 2020|
|GST Returns for accounting period ending Mar 2020||30 Apr 2020||11 May 2020|
|S45 Withholding Tax Forms due in Apr 2020||15 Apr 2020||15 May 2020|
|Tax Clearances for foreign employee in Apr 2020||–||1 additional month|
Taxpayers who can file earlier are encouraged to do so.
Taxpayer Counter Services by Appointment Only
Also, from 7 April 2020 to 4 May 2020, taxpayers who require tax filing assistance in person and other counter services must make an appointment 2 working days ahead before going to the e-Filing Service Centre (EFSC) as well as the Taxpayer and Business Service Centre (TBSC) at Revenue House.
Should you have any question, please kindly leave a message! We will respond in no time!